About QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Assets under management are $61.2 billion. From its foundation in Canada as a full-service real estate operating company, QuadReal has evolved its capabilities to invest in public and private debt and equity markets. QuadReal invests directly, via programmatic partnerships and through operating companies in which it holds an ownership interest.
QuadReal seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Building Operator Level 3, is an entry level building operator responsible for operational and technical support. Building Operator Level 3 may be responsible for installation, repair and maintenance to climate control and other mechanical systems within a building.
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable government regulations
- Comply with company policies and procedures at all times while ensuring building standards and efficiencies are maintained
- Conducts oneself appropriately at all times and presents an acceptable appearance while on site performing the duties of the position; as per QuadReal’s dress code
- Perform and complete all assigned duties & responsibilities with minimum supervision as per agreed schedules
- Work closely with Building Operations staff to ensure smooth building operations
- Conduct inspections on all site mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, heat pumps, roof top units, air conditions, etc, on a daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs in order to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order
- Take daily readings of all major equipment as required, including but not limited to: air supply temperatures, water temperatures and pressure readings, etc, document and inspect for irregularities in readings
- Be familiar with all aspects of the building operations including but not limited to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety and ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are incompliance with all applicable government codes & regulations
- Complete minor maintenance and repairs as required; including, but not limited to, belt & filter replacement, lamp replacement, housekeeping of common areas, washroom and plumbing repair work.
- Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections of properties for damage and perform or arrange repairs
- Ensure signage and lighting is in good working condition
- Conduct regular exterior maintenance throughout the property
- Monitor building security systems, fire alarm panel and sprinkler system regularly for proper operation and report any discrepancies
- Ensure all health, safety and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties in a timely manner in order to limit exposure to liability and loss
- Inspect & test fire protection equipment & systems at recommended intervals for proper operation in order to meet legislative requirements and ensure tenant and customer safety
- Assist in conducting the required fire drills
- Once approved by the Property Manager and/or Operations Supervisor, coordinate and schedule all required maintenance or repair/replacement with the appropriate subcontractor
- Ensure service contracts are enforced, service levels are achieved, and contracts are adequately supervised when on site
- Carry out, or supervise execution of all preventative maintenance tasks as prescribed on all equipment and systems
- Respond to tenant concerns in QR Connect in a timely manner and assist in solving problems as required. Record all service performance by using the Property Management platform supported by the property (ie: Angus Anywhere)
- Coordinate and supervise delivery of services to tenants; where applicable
- Respond and assist with seasonal building requirements, including snow clearing, seasonal decorating where applicable
- Maintain shop and equipment inventory, request replacement inventory as required
- Assist with pick-ups and deliveries of various materials from and to properties under management, where applicable
- Provide assistance to Property Manager and/or Operations Supervisor in preparation of building operating budget
- Complete any other duties as requested or required by QuadReal’s Standard Operating Procedures
Experience and Qualifications
- Education: Post Secondary institutional programs such as Building Environmental Systems, and/or other relevant programs OR
- Experience: Previous work experience within a junior or entry level positions within building operations. Customer Service experience is a must.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills: Ability to allocate one’s time effectively (prioritize) and manage multiple demands with tight deadlines; works under pressure and achieve quality results. Strong administrative and organizational skills; ensures operations records, files and documentation are maintained in an orderly, accurate and timely fashion
- Decision Making Skills: Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning. The ability to use logical and strategic approaches to resolving challenges; and is adaptable to new ideas and can embrace change
- Relationship Skills: Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and the public; self-motivated and professional
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
QuadReal has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at QuadReal will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.