As one of Canada’s top insurance broker, Western creates security and provides customized insurance solutions to over 1 million Canadians. For over a century, we’ve secured our neighbours’ future by building enduring relationships and staying true to our Guiding Principles and customer-centric values.
Provide our clients the coverage they need by building strong business relationships.
As an Insurance Advisor you are responsible for meeting sales targets through quotes and by referring new business. Every day you will be build lasting relationships with your customers, helping to protect what matters most to them.
- Assist customers with their daily insurance needs via phone, in person and by email
- Provide quotes and sell new policies to customers
- Manage walk-in queries, sales and up-selling of products to new and existing clients
- Follow up on all client accounts to resolve outstanding activities
- Remain up to date on product knowledge and build relationships with insurance providers
- Continue self-development through industry and training and other courses
- Generate leads through community involvement and events
- Knowledge of each Insurance Company’s products, endorsements, packages and payment plan
- Conduct sales calls for new business and making timely renewal calls for existing customer business
Our Team Environment
Recognized as a Top 70 Employer and Top broker, Western creates space for our people to grow and learn. We empower all our team members to challenge the status quo and reward them for their performance. If you share our values, you’ll find a home among our 1,800+ family members.
- Experience achieving sales targets individual and as a team
- Well versed in navigating multiple computer programs as once
- General Insurance Level 1 License an asset
- Preferred understanding of policy wordings/coverage’s
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Working experience in EPIC an asset
Your safety is our top priority. In accordance with Canadian Health Authority recommendations we have taken steps to ensure the safety of all employees working in our branch offices. Currently, our work environments may look different than usual, however we are committed to supporting our clients and the communities in which we operate.
Hours: Full-time and Part-time opportunity available.
Location: Victoria, BC (Westshore)
Requisition #: 66730
Western takes pride in providing programs that add value to our people’s lives – after all, they are our greatest asset! Eligible employees are offered competitive compensation packages consisting of 3 weeks’ vacation, paid personal days, paid wellness days, company matching investment and savings programs, and 100% employer paid group benefits which includes a health care spending account.
Western Financial Group has its own charitable foundation, Western Financial Group Communities Foundation.
Apply online at this link.