What’s the job?
When you visit a Coast branch, you’re greeted with a line of smiling faces ready to help you with your everyday banking needs. Our friendly Member Advice Specialists are sales and customer service superstars who bring our “How can we help you?” brand to life with every member they interact with.
Imagine helping our members with Fulfilling basic personal credit needs, selling and handling Low Fee More for Me Mutual Funds, Term deposits, RRSPs, Setting up electronic services like our internet banking, opening free Chequing accounts, adding overdraft protection to help avoid those nasty NSF charges.
But it doesn’t end there, Member Advice Specialists do two other very importing things. First, they are sales pros. They uncover opportunities where we can better help our members with our fantastic line-up of products and services. Next, they figure out who in the company can best help that member, be it themselves or another teammate.
What else will you get to do every day?
- Getting a natural high from delivering positive and unexpected customer experience through general retail banking
- Having fun engaging customers in the “Where You Are At Money Chat” to help your customer to save, grow, protect and improve their financial well-being
- Working as a high-performing team member within the branch to ensure all checks and balances are completed around policies and regulatory requirements
- Proactively and creatively offer helpful solutions and alternatives to customer inquiries
- Earning high-fives from your managers and peers for achieving sales and referrals targets in a needs based sales environment
Who are we looking for?
- We don’t need mathematical geniuses here, though ability to add and subtract would be useful. Mostly we just need people who are comfortable helping customers with simple financial help and promoting our products and services.
- Experience helping members in either a bank or credit union for a minimum three years, preferably where you mastered lending and investments, and you used your x-ray vision to spot sales and referral opportunities.
- You are excited to share with the world what you learned during your post-secondary education in finance, business administration or a related field. And you aren’t done learning; you have a desire to know more.
- You proudly hang your Investment Funds in Canada certificate in your office.
- You really like building relationships with a wide variety of people and want to help them with simple financial help.
- You are a big fan of teamwork and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- You are a multi-tasking prodigy, able to efficiently and effectively prioritize and organize what needs to get done coupled with a high attention to detail.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Apply on the company website at the link provided.