Sport Chek is Canada’s retail health and wellness destination for everyone that wants to look, feel, and perform well. Our role is to help motivate Canadians to get moving and help them achieve their wellness goals. Apply via Indeed at the link provided.
As a Service Shop Technician, you’re as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment. In helping athletes get back to living “The Power of Sport”, all safety measures will be taken to ensure their equipment is serviced to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assembling/disassembling different types of bicycles
- Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing
- Crank arm replacement, change derailleurs, headset overhaul, chain check and replacement
- Changing brakes, brake and shift levers, cables
- Deliver exceptional customer experience to support your team in achieving performance targets
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 6 months of previous work experience in a bike shop
- Some, Intermediate, or Advanced experience working on repairing and servicing bikes, skis or snowboards
- Previous bike building experience
- High School education
We are offering a comp package that includes training and development, a competitive salary, flexible work hours, product discounts, and much more!
Find what moves you
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees – their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.