We’re so excited to have you join us for Rose & Rosé! If you’d like to play along with our workshops live, here’s a shopping and material list for you!
7:00 PM – Let’s Talk Rosé: cocktail mixing with Twist of Fate Craft Cocktails
- Sparkling Rosé of your choice… we’ll be using Villa Terese Sparkling Rosé, but pick up your fave at Signature BC Liquor!
- Gin of your choice… we’ll be using Tempo Renovo Gin, but again, use whatever gin you have on hand, or pick up a new brand at Signature BC Liquor
- Fentiman’s Rose Lemonade, you can find this at Fairway Market
- Fresh lemon, also available at Fairway Market
7:30 PM – A Rose by Any Other Name: baking apple roses with Robert of @thesimmeringpot
- 1 package of frozen Tenderflake puff pastry (makes 4 roses)
- 2 apples (half apple per rose)
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- Optional ingredients: rosé wine, rosewater, pistachios, rose petals, ice cream
Everything listed above can be found at Fairway Market! We suggest taking your puff pastry out of the freezer the night before the event and leaving it in the fridge so it is easy to roll out when you need it.
8:00 PM – Say Rosé! with photography Mary Jane Howland
- Keep a note pad close by and your smart phone on hand for this informative workshop on how to take Insta-worthy pics using your smart phone
8:15 PM – Everything’s Coming Up Roses with beauty expert and professional make up artist Erica Harris
- Here’s another great time to keep a note pad on hand (maybe pick up a fresh one from Coles!) as Erica guides us on how to choose the right shade of rosé from Shopper’s Beauty Boutique for our lips
8:30 PM – A Rosy Upgrade with DIY diva Lindsey of @thewestnest_
- A plain picture frame, we got ours from Dollarama
- Faux flowers of your choice… we’re using roses obvs
- Hot glue gun
- Chalk paint
- Sandpaper (this will help to give the finished product a “farmhouse chic” look)
These items will take your inexpensive Dollarama frame from simple to stunning in just a few easy steps. Want to go even further? Lindsey will show us a few extra steps you can take to turn the frame into a beautiful décor accent piece. Items for part two:
- A wood letter works best, but you could use mdf as well
- Paint (Lindsey uses spray paint but any paint is fine… or you don’t have to paint it at all)
- A wooden dowel small or a skewer would work too.
8:50 PM – Relax and Renew with yoga instructor Taylor Wyllie
- Make yourself a hot cup of rose tea… we recommend Four O’Clock Peaceful Dreams tea from Fairway Market
- A yoga mat (head to Sport Chek if you need a new one)