In honour of Earth Day , we’d like to pour some extra love into our planet today! We’ve curated a list of 10 things we can do to up our eco-friendliness that can be easily incorporated into our everyday lives!
- Use less water (one great way is to take less baths)
- Turn off your computer at night (instead of leaving it in stand by mode)
- Stop using a coffee stirrer (putting the cream and sugar in first helps!)
- Bring your own containers when you can (like Bulk Barn!)
- Go meat free at least one day per week
- Replace your light bulbs with energy efficient, LED ones
- Buy your big-ticket items (car, furniture) second hand
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Buy local where you can
- Grown your own vegetables (Low on space? Try vines like cucumbers or zucchini in a hanging basket on your patio!)
We all recycle and separate our food scraps, but we can do more! And when we each do a little bit, it adds up to big change.
Happy Earth Day from all of us at Westshore Town Centre!