We know you’re busy, and as we creep closer to the holidays, the busy-ness is only going to increase. We can’t run your errands for you, nor can we drive your kids to soccer practice, but we can help you with what’s for dinner tonight! Pull out your slow cooker, pop in these simple ingredients and walk away.
Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Pork Roast
- Root Beer (enough to cover the pork roast)
- Your Favourite BBQ Sauce
- Fresh Buns
- Place the pork roast in your slow cooker and cover with root beer.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours
- Move the pork roast into a serving dish (dispose of the liquid that remains in your slow cooker)
- Cover with your favourite BBQ sauce and shred the meat using two forks
- Once the meat and sauce are mixed, serve on fresh (or toasted if you prefer) buns
Pick up your roast, root beer and BBQ sauce from Fairway Market, and your favourite type of freshly baked buns from Cobs Bread. Sometimes I’ll serve this meal up with a green salad on the side, or veggies and dip (this seems to be the easiest way to get the littles to eat their veggies). As a special treat, I often buy a two litre of root beer and serve what’s left with the meal. I can’t say that there has ever been leftovers of this meal, and I particularly love how quick, inexpensive and easy easy it is.
Do you have a favourite slow cooker recipe? Share with us on social!