The date is marked on your calendar, but you haven’t done your gift shopping yet. Not to worry, you won’t have to go too far from home to get everything you need to make this pandemic edition of Father’s Day super special for the main man in your life. If you’re stuck for ideas (it happens!), we’ve put together a list below that should help to point you in the right direction.
1. Dad is very likely missing watching sports on the weekends, but he can represent his fave team while throwing the ball around with junior in the back yard, or even when he takes the dog for a walk. Out of Bounds Sports not only has apparel, they’ve got some pretty sweet licensed accessories too like key chains, socks, caps, beer glasses and multi-tools! If he’s missing playing sports, bring the action home in the form of a hockey net and outdoor gear from Sport Chek. If dad loves his outdoor fitness, visit Westshore Bikes and ask about giving his bike a tune up, or an upgrade. Then, stop in at GNC to chat with the nutrition experts to see what supplements might improve his performance or increase his gains.
2. Got a foodie dad at home? Check out Winners / HomeSense for unique BBQ gift sets including accessories, fancy sauces, and outdoor table wear. The Brick has you covered with stylish and functional patio furniture – or does dad need a whole new BBQ? Be sure to add a bottle of dad’s preferred wine or a case of local craft beer from Signature BC Liquor and he’ll be all set.
3. If you want to give dad something personal that he’ll treasure for always, send your favourite family snap shot to Urban Art to be enlarged and framed, or to be professionally mounted onto canvas. Just down the hall you can pick up a sentimental card from Dollarama to complete the moment.
4. Coles is the place to shop for the dad who loves to read. Perhaps he’s ready for the next installment of his go-to series, or if it’s easier, pick up a gift card for him to choose his own next adventure. Kobo gift cards are also available at Coles.
5. The best dad can get is time with you, and now that dining rooms are beginning to open again, why not take dad out for a meal at any of WTC’s restaurants and focus on that quality time.
Whatever you decide to give dad this year it’s certain to be memorable, and as long as it comes from the heart, that’s all that matters <3