Looking for a fun family treat to serve up throughout Hallowe’en? Here’s a tasty delight from the popcorn king, Orville Redenbacher – and bonus, all ingredients are available at Fairway Market.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bag (76.3 g each) Orville Redenbacher’s® Gourmet® Naturals Simply Salted Microwave Popcorn
- 40 small pretzel twists, coarsely broken (40 twists = 1 cup broken pieces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 20 caramels (from 11-oz pkg), unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Spray large bowl, rubber spatula and 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels and place popped corn in large bowl. Add pretzel pieces to bowl.
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium saucepan; add caramels, water and salt. Heat 5 minutes or until caramels melt completely, stirring occasionally. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; heat 1 to 2 minutes more, stirring until blended.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn mixture. Toss with rubber spatula to coat. Press into baking dish; cool completely. Cut into 24 bars.
Recipe courtesy of readyseteat.com