“A healthier me” is no doubt the most popular of resolutions at this time of year. “Health and wellness” can take on many different meanings for different people, depending on the results they are looking for. Maybe it’s just a case of vowing to get a better, more restful sleep at night. Or to lose some weight in order to be able to keep up with your children and not be out of breath so easily. Whatever your definition of improved health for 2020, we’re here to support you at every stage of your journey. Below is a list of a few ways Westshore Town Centre can help you to reach your heath goals:
- Fill your fridge with fresh ingredients by shopping at Fairway Market
- Visit the wellness experts at GNC and learn about which supplements are right for you, your particular goals and your body
- Ask about healthier food options at our many restaurants. Did you know that Noodlebox offers zucchini noddles and you can get your fave A&W burger in a lettuce wrap? Also in case you haven’t heard yet, The Chopped Leaf will be opening at Westshore Town Centre this spring!
- Our good friends at QE Home / Quilts Etc have got you covered in this area. Brand new bedding can make a huge difference in your quality of sleep. Ask if a weighted blanket might be right for you, or one of their specialty pillows that will work with your sleeping habits.
- Studies show that improved physical fitness can lead to improved sleep, so see our next section for more ideas 🙂
- Try a free class at Orangetheory
- Pick up a yoga mat at Winners
- Walk to the mall instead of driving (or park farther away when you come)
- The fitness experts at Sport Chek will help you with the appropriate shoes for your form of exercise, attire and accessories like water bottles, wearable fitness trackers, free weights and more
- Make it a family resolution and visit Westshore Bicycles for gear for all of you. We have some pretty amazing trails in our area, the folks at Westshore Bicycles can help you find them!
- Book in for a mani-pedi at Elegance Nails
- Refresh your look at Shears or Chatters Salon
- Treat yourself to fave chocolate from Purdy’s
- Pick up a beautiful scented candle from HomeSense, bath bombs from Shopper’s Drug Mart, a new book from Coles and a bottle of your fave rose
- Make a dentist appointment at Westshore Dental Centre. Believe it or not – you’ll feel like a million bucks after a dental cleaning!
- Head to La Vie en Rose for some sexy underthings to put a little extra spring in your step.
- Keep watching our events page for our 2020 Mum’s Night Out event series!
- You’re busy, we know that. If you’re feeling like maybe you don’t see your friends as much as you used to, consider making a vow to make plans with a different friend once every two weeks.
- Dinner and a movie makes for a classic night out. We suggest seeing the movie first and having dinner afterwards so that you can dish about all your favourite parts. See a comedy for the added benefits of sharing a good laugh together.
- If you can’t swing an entire evening, leave the littles at home with your partner on a Sunday afternoon and meet your friend at Starbucks and indulge in a caramel latte and catch-up time.
- No childcare available? Bring them with! Visit the sale racks at Carter’s / OshKosh and Gap Kids, then come inside to let the littles play in our play place (located near Ardene) while you and your friend chat.
Whatever your definition of health and wellness, we hope you find a way to achieve your goals that is not only manageable but is also super fun! May 2020 be the best year yet for you and your whole family. And remember, we’ve got you covered.